Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Okay, I'm not dead, I promise. I just haven't had anything interesting to write about, nor have I had the motivation. The skating has really stalled. I think I am really out of the range of my current skates, but I don't want to spend $500 on new skates. So, I am in the process of trying to get new skates, and it's going slowly but surely. I am probably going to do a competition in Houston over labor day weekend. I am really nervous about the thought of that. It really freaks me out that I am so nervous about a competition. I have danced and performed my whole life, and I LOVE performing. My problem is, I'm not very confident in my skating, so that makes me nervous. I'm hoping that with new skates, I will get a boost in confidence.
I have decided to start taking dance lessons again. I found a studio in Westlake and I'm planning on taking a ballet and Jazz class. Hopefully between this and skating I can whip my butt back into shape because let's face it...I hate running.
Right now, though, I'm not doing anything except working and taking teacher certification classes. I work from 8:30-6 and then I have my class from 6:30-9:30, and then I go home and go to bed only to do the same thing the next day. It is getting really old. Only one more month and I can get back to skating and start dancing again!

No comments: