Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Breakthrough

Well...this weekend it happened. I finally landed a REAL flip! I had been getting pretty consistent with my loops, and I could land flips 1/4-1/2 rotation short (which is alot, I know). Then friday night someting happened and I started doing big, fully-rotated flips. It is officially my favorite jump. Everytime I go I do at least 30 of them.
Yesterday I started trying to work on the lutz, but it just feels awkward and I am having trouble commiting to the jump.
I only have 2.5 more weeks until my competition in Dallas. I am only competing against one other person in compulsories and freeskate. So that's a little boring. I still don't have my artistic routine put together, so I really need to work on that. I guess it's good I'm not competing against anyone in that event. :)

No comments: