Saturday, March 04, 2006

Loop

Okay, so a full week since I started getting sick, and I'm STILL sick. *ugh* I have a small eye infection, so I'm not supposed to be wearing contacts, but I find it impossible to skate in glasses, so I put in a pair of my old prescription I had left over and headed to my ice skating class. The contacts sucked. I could barely see anything (my prescription has changed that much), and I still have a head cold.

So this was my first day in freestyle. I worked on scratch spins and sit spins and they are MUCH better. I also worked on backspins which still suck. Then we worked on loops and guess what? I actually did 2 very small very ugly ones. Although, my sister had me doing them with my left foot on the ice, and this coach has me doing them with my left foot off the ice. This way seems much harder, but I guess I'll stick with it since that's what he wants. We also did a couple of half-flips, nothing too exciting about those, though. I think that by the time these 4 weeks are over, I should have the loop and flip. We'll see, though. Okay that's all I have to report now.

No comments: