Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Proposition 2

Turns out that the proposition that is framed to "defend" marriage in Texas could actually end the union completely. (I can't help but be amused) Here's how it's worded:

a) Marriage in this state shall consist only of the union of one man and one woman.
b) This state or a political subdivision of this state may not create or recognize any legal status identical or similar to marriage.

Part b is what gets me. It is not qualified to apply to only marriage between homosexuals. HAHAHA...

I'm not even going to go into the ridiculesness of this debate. There is NO reason why two people who love eachother shouldn't be alowed to commit themselves to eachother. And just because you think homosexuality is wrong, that's your religious belief, and it's not up to you to legeslate that belief onto me. Thank you.
Besides, what's really hurting marriage? Two people who love eachother wanting to commit themselves to eachother, or divorce? While we're at it why aren't we fighting to make divorce illegal? The Bible says that's wrong, too. Oh wait, but that's not "creepy". I forgot. I think that anyone who fights against gay marriage but not divorce is a hypocrite. Tell me why you're not.

No comments: