Thursday, April 06, 2006

Life update...whining within

Okay, so I've had a crappy couple of days. Yesterday my backpack was stolen from the student union on campus. In it was my wallet and my (barely 2 month old) cell phone. Aside from losing my stuff, I've had a difficult time emotionally with this and I'm not sure exactly why. On top of all of this, I've just been feeling really lonely lately. Literally my only friend in Austin is my husband, and as much as I love him, and I love being married to him, I've just always been the person who needs more than that. To top that off, all of my grad school friends are skattered around the country, and my undergrad friends are in either Houston or Dallas having a great time hanging out with eachother. And I'm terrible at calling people and chattig on the phone, and it's practically impossible without my cell phone.
Okay, I'm going to stop whining and feeling sorry for myself. I'm going ice skating tomorrow to try to relax. Hopefully my leg holds up and it all goes well. I think I'm just going to work on spins and MIF. It turns out (literally) that on my scratch spin I'm turning out my right leg as I bring it in and down (thanks to years of dance, there's really no other way) so I need to retrain myself to turn it in.

No comments: