Sunday, April 29, 2007

Skate Dallas

Skate Dallas went well. I will post a video soon. I only did the Bronze freeskate, and I got first. It was the person I competed against, their first competition. My sister and I have decided that it's time for me to move up to silver. Problem is, we just did this program, so I'll probably just stick with it through Skate Houston. We'll have to tweak some things, but it's 20 seconds shorter than a silver program can be, so I'm a little worried about that. I think I'll still be able to do okay. I watched the silver skaters yesterday, one of them was no doubt better than me. I think the other one was comparable. So that made me feel better. Although, I would rather get last skating silver against real competition, than first skating bronze where there is no question. The silver should challenge me some more.
As for the bluebonnet open, I'm still trying to make some decisions. I REALLY need to work on getting tested, and I want to go to the river that weekend. But at the same time, this is my home competition, and I don't really want to miss it. So, I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. I've already got a program, so that won't need as much work as it needed before this competition.
Okay, I've already decided on my next music, so I'm going to work on cutting it.

No comments: