Friday, August 10, 2007

harness practice

I've skated a bunch this week, but there hasn't been much new to report. Just working on all the basics. Yesterday, though, I finally got in the harness for the first time to work on my axel. It went significantly worse than I had expected it to. After about 15 tries, I finally got one that was one revolution. Woop-di-freaking-do. So yeah, for now I'm just going to keep working it off ice, and hopefully I can get on the harness once a week or so. And hopefully by January I can have some sort of resemblance of an axel. That's my goal.
Other than that I ran through my programs. My freeskate is starting to feel much more comfortable and smooth. I'd really like to beef it up a little before Houston. Just add some connecting footwork and maybe one more combination. We changed some of my artistic and decided that I need some sort of boa. I think I'm just going to take a scarf or something to the rink to see what I can do with that. I think it will really add to the routine. My compulsories are coming along. I hate what we have to do in them, but my sister did a great job on them. I have backwards three turns into a loop jump. I really like that. I looked at her like she had lost her freaking mind when she put those in, but now that I'm getting the hang of it, I think I love it.
I'm testing preliminary moves and pre bronze freeskate at the end of August. I'm not nervous about that at all. I'm over preliminary moves and ready to work on pre-juvenile so I can finally take the bronze test. I'm pretty scared of pre-juv, though. My backward inside threes are non-existant which is going to make those 3-turns in the field (which are on the silver moves), pretty darn difficult. There's also power pulls in pre-juv , which aren't that difficult, but getting them with speed is.
After Houston I have about 4 months until my next competition in January. My goals are to get new boots, test pre-juv moves, and bronze freeskate (I have to do bronze freeskate even if it means I need to take bronze moves). Learn my silver program for the next year. And finally, get some sort of axel. Lofty goals for 4 months I suppose.

No comments: