Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday skate, long lesson

I skated for about an hour and a half today, and most of that time was spent working with my sister. We worked alot on spins. My backspin improved significantly once she convinced me to tightly cross my left foot. I'm looking forward to working on that more. My new sit spin position is a hit and going very well. It is much more consistent than it was before. Now I need to start working on sit-back sit spins. We worked on trying to get my camel faster. That's still not going great. She also had me work on waltz jump backspins. Those are just wierd to me. You have forward momentum coming out of the waltz jump, and I just don't get how you're supposed to stop that for a backspin. I sort of got a few, but they weren't that great. I'll have to work on that. We didn't do much toher than that. We decided to just have me test my preliminary moves and pre-bronze freeskate at the test session on August. This due to the fact that I won't be ready with pre-juv moves by then anyway. I would like to test those this fall, however. I've got my music and my dress all picked out for my silver program, so I'm ready to get that learned. I plan on Houston Invitational being the last competition that I skate bronze.

No comments: