Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday morning and ISI Worlds

Well...I drug myself out of bed and went skating this morning. It went pretty well. I'm really working on thinking about bending my knees on all my movements. I worked for a while on spins. I'm trying to get my camel spin to rotate faster, but that wasn't going very well. I worked a little on laybacks. They feel very good, but I need my sister to confirm that they look good as well. I worked on my sitspin some. I've changed up my position. My sister has had me have my right leg straight out with me leaning forward reaching out for it. I haven't ever felt like this looks that great on me, especially since I'm not very low. So, I'm trying more of a position where I slightly bend my right leg and sit up a little straighter. I've seen several other skaters with not so low sit spins do this position and it looks lovely on them, so hopefully that will work, and my sister will approve. I'm still really struggling with my backspin. It's really frustrating. I just need to really commit to working on it every time I skate.
Nothing to report on jumping. I'm still not working on my axel or doubles because I'm waiting (and waiting and waiting) for some coaching from my sister. I really want to get some practice on the harness. I am working the axel of-ice, and they're consistently 1/4 rotation short.
Other than that I just putted around, and working on various things. My spiral, and my artistic routine mostly.

Onto worlds. Overall, they weren't very exciting. They were actually much smaller than I anticipated, seeming about the same size as the Houston Invitational competition I like to attend. I didn't do any individual events, but I did fill in for a friend on jumps and spins, and we got first. Although, we weren't competing against anyone else. Our team also was only skating against the book. We skated very well, and I think we could have beaten most of the skating (we're formation) teams that were there.

No comments: