Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Skating...again...sortof

I skated yesterday for maybe the 4th time this summer. For some reason I just haven't wanted to drive all the way to the rink. But, I have the Cannon Texas Open in two weeks...so it's time for me to buckle down. I ran my program twice with music yesterday and my sister tweaked it. We changed my salchow-loop to just a salchow and my flip-toe loop to a flip-loop. My sister says that big singles are better than cheated combos. My camel spins were good yesterday morning, but not last night. We also changed my change of edge spiral to change feet in the middle. I think I can do the change of edge, but I need my skates sharpened. Overall my program is a little rough. I really need to run it a million times with music, and I think I'll be fine.
I have to register for the Houston Invitational by next friday. We were hoping to have me skate silver, but getting me tested for Bronze is a whole other story which I'll tell in a second. I've been so unmotivated I hesitate to skate in Houston, but I love skating in Houston because they have so many competitive adults. So, I think I'm going to suck it up and go. We'll have to make some changes to my program if I'm going to do that. I got 5th last year, and there is this one Bronze skater I've never beaten, so I really want to do well. I also want to do my artistic, which I'm not sure I remember, so that will take some work.
Onto testing...I still need to take my Preliminary MITF and Pre-Bronze freeskate. I'm ready to test, it's just a matter of getting it done. My sister was considering having me test Bronze MITF (I'm taking the standard MITF, but to get my Bronze freeskate out of the way I may take Bronze MITF because they're easier than Pre-Juv...and then I'll still take Pre-Juv later) and freeskate before the Houston Invitational paperwork was due. I am certainly ready for the Bronze freeskate, but I don't know 3 of the MITF patterns. So...we're going to work tonight and see if we can get those down by next week. I'm guessing not, but I guess we need to get at least the Pre-Bronze stuff out of the way.

In other news, my husband and I have decided to get ourselves a Wii for our anniversary instead of getting eachother gifts. However, we're having some difficulty acquiring one. Gamestop gets their shipments on Mondays, so hopefully we can get one this coming monday. I still need to figure out what to get him for his birthday which is friday, though.

1 comment:

Jessim said...

Good luck on all your tests! I'm doing PB MITF next month. My coach wants me to do freeskate at the same time- but I think it's unnecessary pressure on the MITF since I'm not racing for a deadline.

My husband and I got a wii last month. It's fun, but honestly I'm underwhelmed. He on the other hand adores it. We couldn't find one around either and ended up getting a bundle from walmart.com It was all good but it came with 4 games and an extra remote- so it was pretty expensive. But we called it Kevin's birthday present and paid.