Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Plano Skate

I skated today at the Dr. Pepper StarCenter in Plano. I just want to note that they have a gazillion freestyle sessions. I'm very jealous. It was just a basic practice day. I ran through Preliminary moves as a warm up. Then I worked alot on spins. I'm trying to get my camel spin going faster. I'm getting pretty consistent at getting more than 3 revolutions, they're just very slow. I worked a little on laybacks. Those are surprisingly not terrible since I haven't really done them much. I had a revelation on my backspin. I'm trying to spin too far back on my blade. Now that I've realized that I hope to see some improvement. I basically just ran through all my jumps and combos. Nothing to really report there. I really need to start working on my axel. I also worked on remembering my artistic program since I'll be doing that in Houston. Overall it was a good skate. I skated well and it was a good day.
I do need to get on the ice more. Since summer started I can count the number of times I've skated on two hands. I really want to be competitive in Houston, and the only way that is going to happen is if I start skating more than 3 times a week. I just need to suck it up and do it.

No comments: