Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Military

There is a recruiting crisis in our military, and I would challenge anybody who supports this war to support our troops...by enlisting.

Our troops are simply unable to do what they need to when they don't have the manpower. There are so many people in this country that sit there and talk about how the war in Iraq is important and we should be over there. Well these people are a whole lot of talk and zero action. We can't fight a war without a strong military.

There is at least one conservative who agrees. Unfortunately that is a few thousand too few.

Don't want to listen to me? Read what this conservative blogger has to say:
"Where do I come down on this? I think there are reasonable arguments on both sides of this issue. But ultimately I think the burden of proof is on those who are vocal supporters of this war and this President. If I counted myself among them, I'd certainly think long and hard about joining. During World War II, men and women rushed to enlist regardless of money, career, family, or draft. People are needed right now, and if you think Iraq is an important part of the war on terror and thus vital to our national security, anything else is just conversation. Period."

I just hate to see our military stretched to the breaking point all because of an unecessary war. So please, if you support this war, consider enlisting.


I also wanted to note that 23 US soldiers have died in Iraq this month. 1610 total. Frankly, I think that's 1610 too many. 1461 of those deaths have occured since Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" over 2 years ago.
You can go here for a complete list of every person killed in Iraq. US or otherwise.

No comments: