Monday, February 21, 2005

That'll be $1000, please

It's interesting how the cost of a wedding keeps going up and up and up. I keep finding all these things, and how much do they cost? $1000. Now that's an average, but they all cost about $1000. It's wierd. I really think that everyone who does weddings just got together in this big club and said "Let's charge about $1000. Then these people will be in a pickle, and they'll have to pay! Mua hahaha!" Okay, so I'm not having a huge fancy wedding, but I do want a decent, fun, wedding. We found a reception place that's well within our budget, but it's all these other things (DJ, cake, photographer, invitations, flowers, etc) that are blowing that out of the water. I'm just amazed.

Anyway, this is what we got done this weekend weekend :
We met with the cake lady. Liked her, liked her cakes. Yummy.
Danny and I met with the cruise guy. I yelled at a travel agent because they told me there was nothing to do in Belize (because they had no info on belize).
We met with the finance guy for our house to get that ball rolling.
We took our PREPARE marriage survey. Let's just say, I see the merit in some of the questions they asked. Some of them made absolutely no sense. But you know, our results should be interesting.
Danny and I also went and registered at Crate and Barrel. Let me say this. Registering is HARD. You have to find everything you want at a limited number of stores. Not to mention you have to figure out everything you need without knowing where you're going to live. We don't even have any idea as to what kind of space we'll have. You have to try to picture every room in your house, and how all this stuff is going to go together. I think we're going to end up exchanging a bunch of stuff when it comes down to it. I'm not very good at this.
We also went to a party that was held at our reception site.
I saw 2 bridesmaids try on their dresses. They fit way better than I expected, so I feel much much better! I feel like I can relax now.

Gosh! What a busy weekend. The only thing I didn't get done that I really wanted to do was to buy my shoes and petty coat so I can get my dress altered. Oh well.
Okay, next time I post I promis it will be something slightly more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are stuff to do in Belize!!!! Specially if you stay in San Pedro and visit Lito!!!! He's got to be THE BEST tourguide ever! And he serves you yummy rum punch all day long...Lito and the crew just keep pouring it in :):)

~Cat~