Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Who designs bridesmaids dresses anyway?

I've decided that for my first post on weddings, I should discuss my bridesmaids dresses. First, I have 7 great bridesmaids. We found this great dress, and I convinced the store to give it to us for a great price (~ $50 less than any other store).
As it turns out, the person who came up with the sizing for these dresses must have been on some sort of drugs at the time. The hips are normal, the waist is TINY, and the chest is pretty big. So this is causing some major issues. Not to mention most stores only have one or two sizes available to try on. So what I've decided to do is for them to buy their dresses based on the top size, then my mom is going to let out the skirts so that they fit, and I'm just crossing my fingers that it all works out in the end. It's really turned into quite the ordeal. I only hope that everyone else isn't as stressed out over it as I am.
I will attach a picture once I figure out how to attach a picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jak,

I love those dresses!! I'm sure it'll all turn out well. Your mom and Ginger are masters on the sewing machine.
Hope everything's going well. Give me a call whenever you're back in town.

xoxo,
Cat :)