Monday, February 20, 2006

Freestyle Baby

About my weekend. Saturday I had my lesson. I've been in basic 3&4 because I wanted to make sure I had that stuff down well, even though I knew I could be in freestyle. So anyway, during my lesson, my coach told me that she was going to move me up to freestyle in 2 weeks (that's the halfway mark). But she asked to see my waltz jump, and after seeing that, she went ahead and bumped me up on saturday. So, I stuck around for the freestyle class, and it turns out that I'm one of the most advanced in that. I think that my time in group lessons is about to end. The coach saturday was a sub, and he was totally worthless. I'm hoping that the actual coach for freestyle is much better. So anyway, I'm hoping they'll be able to teach me the loop and the flip. Even though I know how to do them both, I'm obviously doing something wrong since I can't actually do either one. :)

So after all of this, I stuck around for public session. My right leg has been really bothering me. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. It hurts on the outside right above my ankle. It hurts to touch, but it also hurts to walk sometimes. I'm thinking it's a problem with my boots (they aren't the most comfortable in the world), but I'm not sure. So anyway, I tried to take it a little easy because of this, but my sister really wanted me to practice the loop, so practice I did. I've almost got a half version down (where I land on my left foot), although I'm still a little shy of a full rotation. So I'm planning on working on that some more today.

Other than that, all I have to say is I'm excited about Skating with Celebrities finale, and then women's event at Turino! Okay, time to get to work...

No comments: