Friday, February 17, 2006

spining spinning spinning

Okay, so yesterday I had a great evenig at the rink, although it got off to a rough start. I made the mistake of eating sonic before I went, and then I spun and spun and spun until I thought I was going to puke. Then, they blocked off half of the rinnk for classes. So I decided to take a break and I layed down for half an hour or so and waited for my sister. Once I was feeling better I worked on some edges, some backspins and some jumps. My toe-loop is actually pretty good now, and I worked on making my salchow less swingy. My flip I got more height than I've ever gotten. So much so that I was surprised in the middle and bailed. I really think that if I could just commit to it I could land it just fine. I'm getting close, that and the loop will be my focus in freestyle.
Then at the end of the evening I worked on spinning some more. My scratch spin is getting somewhat consistent, although I still lose it at the very end. THat's not the worst thing that can happen, though...it just means I need to cut it short. But, I would like to get it a little more solid. I finally have a sit spin, sort of. I can't get very low, but I was getting some consistent revolution which was an improvement.
I did manage to fall once on my elbow and now I have this huge bump that hurts to the touch. Last night it was hurting just to move it, so at least I've made some improvement as far as that goes.

For this weekend...I have my lesson tomorrow morning, and then public session. Then I've got some friends coming in town. Then sunday night I'm going to cook a benihana dinner for my sister and her family for her dinner (i think...I haven't verified this yet). Should be a good weekend.

No comments: