Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Breathe

Okay, so in exactly one hour I have to teach a senior level cloud physics class because my professor is at a conference. Now, for some reason, I get really freaked out when I have to teach. No matter what I feel completely unprepared. This stinks because next fall I'm going to have to TA again. I just don't know. I really need to get over this. I think I would be good at teaching math. Math is good, you can write math stuff on the board, talk about it, and work problems. That's all good. Today I have to teach about lightning. First, I have to talk about some boring history stuff. My delimma is what do I write on the board? This stuff probably won't be covered, so should I write anything on the board? I don't want to just stand there and talk, though. Then, I have to talk about the basics of lightning. That's a little better. I have an overhead that I can try to discuss. Then, I have to discuss the fiar weather electric field. Now this I don't know much about, but once again, I have a figure. Finally, if there's still too much time, I'm going to dive into the thermoelectric effect. This is what I feel most comfortable with. I am hoping to hold that off until the thursday class, but I don't think I have enough material, so we'll see if that happens.
Okay, I am really freaking out. I need to calm down and BREATHE.

No comments: